Friday, May 6, 2011

Crochet Flower Coasters

I am super excited about these cute little Crochet Flower Coasters from yvestown



I love learning new things, so I will be teaching myself how to crochet with books and online resources. I will be making a trip to A.C. Moore in the morning to purchase the materials to get started.  I can hardly wait to get started on my first crochet project. Below is the pattern

I love this pattern as it's so simple and so girly. This is how do you it ...

Start: 6 ch, close as a ring with a ss.

Row 1: 2 ch, 23 dc in ring, close with a ss in the 2nd ch of the beginning of this row.

Row 2: 4 ch, 1 dc in the closing ss of the previous row; 1 ch *skip 2 st; in the next st: 1 dc, 2 ch, 1 dc; 1 ch* Repeat 7x from *to*. Close row with a ss in the 2nd ch (of 4) of the start.

Row 3: 2 ch; 1 dc, 2 ch, 2 dc under the 2 ch of the previous row; 1 sc under the 1 ch *2 dc, 2 ch, 2 dc as before; 1 sc as before*. Repeat 7 x from *to*. Close row with a ss in 2nd ch (of 2 ) of the start.

Row 4: no build up with ch as before; directly 3 dc, 1 ch, 3 dc under the 2 ch of the previous row; 1 sc to the left and right of the sc of the previous row. Repeat 8x and close with a ss in the first st of the row.

Bind off with a ss.

Mechelle

No comments:

Post a Comment